Ok this might sound like a Cosmo article but I promise that you won’t have to take any quiz at the end. Last night I was talking to my girlfriends Dad, who recently retired. He started talking about this new type of account that he was looking into called a HSA. He asked me if I have heard about it.
Well at Verity we just happen to be one of a few financial institutions that offer this account. Furthermore we offer it with no monthly fees which make us one of the best deals in town.
In addition, I truly believe that in the next five years you are going to see this account skyrocket in popularity (it was signed into law in 2003) as it will offer opportunities for people to be more flexible (and earn more) on money set aside for medical expenses as well as saving them money on their medical premiums. It will also save organizations money on medical premiums they have to pay. Overall it truly is a win-win situation for everyone involved. This got me thinking about educational opportunities that Verity provides that can make anyone feel like they are financially savvy.
1. Ask one of our Relationship Managers or Associates about HSAs. Haven’t I already demonstrated why this is important?
2. Meet with one of our Financial Advisors. It is completely free and they can help you plan for your long term financial needs (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, they got access to it all). You all ready have a financial advisor, well it never hurts to get a second opinion. Did I mention that it is free advice?
3. Talk to our Mortgage Department. With all the different mortgage options out there why not meet with an experienced representative to help you choose the one that is right for you.
4. Talk to anyone at Verity about what it means to be a member of a credit union. Do you know all the benefits that come along with being a credit union member?
5. Explore our website. We provide articles, product information, and even financial calculators that can make you seem like you have all the answers.
Justin started his long career at Verity as a summer intern. After leaving to pursue a degree in human resource management at Western Washington University, he returned to what he describes as “one of the strongest environments I have seen in terms of focus on their employees.” During his time here, Verity has been recognized with multiple awards ranging from employee development initiatives to overall work environment. Justin holds an MBA from Seattle University along with being an honors graduate from Western CUNA Management School and a certified Credit Union Development Educator.