Hi, I'm Kira. I joined Verity in early 2012 after a seven-year stint as a newspaper reporter. While I never thought my career path would veer off in this direction, I am loving my time at Verity. I recently moved from being a member services representative at the Alderwood Branch to being the marketing coordinator for the credit union.
I'm originally from Texas, but I have lived all over the country and the world, including Boston, Massachusetts, Anchorage, Alaska and Sydney, Australia. But in all my travels, the Pacific Northwest is the only place that has felt like home.
When not at work, I am usually home with playing with my son, husband, dog and three cats. During the rare times I don't have a to-do list to plow through (and it’s not raining too hard), I can be found digging in the vegetable garden, training for a half-marathon, or grilling in the backyard.
- The Easter Bunny is coming to Alderwood
- Surviving toddlerhood
- First Steps
- Finding the perfect tree
- How my son is like my dog
- Politics and Investing
- It's so bad, it's comical
- September: the month of change
- Thankful for rain
- It's baaaaa-aaack
- Watching learning in action
- Reminder: Shred-A-Thon Saturday
- Have documents more than a decade old? Maybe it's time to shred!
- Hug your dad... it's Fathers' Day!
- Rediscovering the public library
- Flying Solo
- The Art of One Handedness
- Hippity Hoppity the Easter Bunny is coming to the Alderwood Branch
- Entering the World of Motherhood
- Battling the doldrums of winter
- Optimism for the new year
- Knitting as therapy
- The Magic of Halloween
- For the Love of Camping
- Stuff you find in a branch
- Embracing the June Gloom
- Meet the Alderwood Ladies (and Jason)
- Alderwood bowling at its best
- New Kid on the Block